Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Apropos news
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm 

I'm having a ball with a news story I'm working on.

Late last week, the Dem congressional candidate sent out a press release and tried to disguise it by using Newswire.com to make it look like it was a real news story. It quoted a poll saying she is neck and neck with the incumbent GOP congressman. It also reiteratd that the incumbents net worth has grown to $2 million since he went to Congress 10 years ago.

I know the incumbents net worth has grown, primarily because his and his wife's parents have died and they inherited from them, a fcat the Dems overlook.

I wondered who the polling people were who found them neck and neck. It turns out its Change Research which is a "progressive" outfit. It was set up by DemLabs, a similarly "progressive" outfit. FiveThirtyEight.Com rates Change Research a a C+ for its polling.

Anyhow, I am writing a piece about the rease that explains all that so people will be able to judge the release if they see it. Will, also point out that the incumbent has said not a word about the Dem's bankruptcy, mainly because it was entirely understandable...crippling medical bills for a child.