Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My six-k solution
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:44 pm 

Gene L wrote:
Finished today. The county code section demanded 200 feet of drain, which cost me more money as I was originally shooting for 150 feet. They figure the length based on bedrooms, not bathrooms, oddly enough. The septic company leveled it out and strew fescue and straw. I'm getting drunk. Cheap whiskey.

They base it on bedrooms because the septic system is figured by the number of occupants,not the number of bathrooms.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 pm 

Gene L wrote:
Finished today. The county code section demanded 200 feet of drain, which cost me more money as I was originally shooting for 150 feet. They figure the length based on bedrooms, not bathrooms, oddly enough. The septic company leveled it out and strew fescue and straw. I'm getting drunk. Cheap whiskey.

I'm glad it's done.

...keep the trees off it this time, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:07 am 

Gene,
Years back, they used to make "movie shorts" of a guy who tackled simple jobs....that quickly got away from him. He was always able to make those jobs into long, drawn-out confusion that overwhelmed his manual and mental skills. The logo was that of a guy peering out from behind an 8 ball. His handling of a new septic field might well have been right down his alley and a prelude to yours....had you not opted out of the challenge.
Don't feel, slighted, every one of us have blithely jumped into water well over our heads.
I'd bet that even Mr. Gilmore has some fumbles he'd not wish to remember, much less discuss. :oops:
Bux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:50 am 

Conveniently for me, I have friends and family who take all that pressure off of me. I don't have to remember any of my fumbles. They do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:55 pm 

Dear friend, Douglas....over my many years I have collected an entire platoon of examiners, critics, disparaging individuals and members of the lower and higher echelons who eagerly awaited my next adventure...I ignored them all...and that is what I suggest be done in this situation...to Hell with the lot of them. Charge straight ahead and let the chips fall where they may...that in itself is solid advice....you might also add that, as you leave, critiques may be placed in the brown basket to the left.
Bux