Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 am 

Gene, Ignore this post...do not read it lest you'd be tempted...

Mr. Gilmore put me on to a pruning tool to prune, trim and remove large shrubs and small trees. Got it from Amazon in 2 days for well under $100.
SUNJOE [ ELECTRIC POLE CHAIN SAW, 10-INCH/ 8 AMP. It isn't a toy and it requires careful use - "You must pay attention to the warnings". The assembly is fairly simple, but read all of the directions before you start....even though it looks logical and you feel mechanically keen-witted.
It is easy to manage and surprisingly quick when used properly. Essentially, it is just a small chain-saw mounted on an extension pole but it will easily do the jobs recommended by the maker...and then some. You will need a three-pronged, extension cord (80' worked for my small back yard). Just use as the makers suggest, no cowboy stuff. Bux

Last edited by Buxtehude on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 pm 

Why Bux bought the tree trimmer....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:16 am 

Squire,

That is a nasty briar bush that was located at just the right spot to grab even minutely misguided back casts.
After the third or so interference, I stomped it flat to the ground. "Leaving things as you found them" isn't always the answer. Bux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 am 

Buxtehude wrote:
It isn't a toy and it requires careful use - "You must pay attention to the warnings". The assembly is fairly simple, but read all of the directions before you start....even though it looks logical and you feel mechanically keen-witted.

RTFM. Step one with new hardware. If the maker feels the need to provide one, I'll take the time to read through it.

...Now...if you wanna see me completely lose my mind and begin cursing like a dock hand with Tourettes ...have those instructions be wrong...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:28 pm 

Ed's new toy (I've bought one back in March):

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 pm 

A whole bunch of years ago, at a former employer, I ran the packaging for what I believe was the first of those to hit the market.

...sitting here thinking baout that makes me feel older...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:39 pm 

Directions are simply one persons opinion.

Do right and Fear Not.

Wade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:18 pm 

Wade's correct, as usual. Directions are usually written by some guy in the office whose never used the thing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm 

Doug G wrote:
Wade's correct, as usual. Directions are usually written by some guy in the office whose never used the thing

More often that "guy in the office" is some non english speaker who would be better suited to roll firecrackers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm 

NYFLY wrote:
Doug G wrote:

More often that "guy in the office" is some non english speaker who would be better suited to roll firecrackers.

Reminds me of the applicant for a job with a tech company who was asked to use "green", "pin" and "yellow" in a couple of sentences. He answered: "Green, green the telephone rings. I pink it up and and say 'Yellow. This is Mujibar.'"