Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I'm outta here
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:03 pm 

TN_hillbilly wrote:
Don't need to tell Rex this, but lip-landing walleyes isn't way up there on the "smart things to do" list, either.

I once went with a fellow to fish for schoolies in an estuary on Cape Cod. I caught a flounder (my first) and I asked the guy if I could lip it like a bass. He said, "Sure." The scar on my thumb doesn't show much anymore.

Post subject: Re: I'm outta here
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:23 am 

Those boats are commercially produced in Canada. They are 18 ft. long and 6 of them had 15 hp Yamaha motors, the other two were fitted with 20 hp. motors, one a merc and the other a Tohatsu (same thing as the merc). They were really nice to fish out of and especially to travel across the lake in. They cut through rough waves and big wakes much more smoothly than the aluminum boats I had fished from previously. They are much quieter doing it too.

Gary, the owner of the lodge, said they take very little maint. and the biggest thing was to not let water sit in the boats. They cost around 5k$ each and he gets one new one each year. At the end of their run at Timberwolf Lodge he sells them to one of the other two resorts on the lake. There must be something to using those boats as there were 2 brand new boats sitting at the air service dock when we got back there to come home. They were going to one of the other lodges.