Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 am 

Pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js1fwpZ ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm 

Interesting? I'm not so sure. Tedious comes to mind though. While I'm at it, I get pretty ticked off with fly tying "how-to's" that don't show a photo of the finished fly at the start. Just sayin' YPJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:47 pm 

nielson wrote:
Interesting? I'm not so sure. Tedious comes to mind though. While I'm at it, I get pretty ticked off with fly tying "how-to's" that don't show a photo of the finished fly at the start. Just sayin' YPJ

It’s not finished yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:05 pm 

Not sure what's not finished yet but, just in case I missed something, I gave the whole thing a harder look. That included actually watching the video from start to finish and then visiting the RS2 Rim Chung website. What I've learned, now believe and to which I'll admit:
- Never heard of the RS2 until I saw this post. Obviously, I don't get out much.
- Looks like a simple tie although in sizes twenty-ish probably adds a degree of difficulty that I'm unable to appreciate.
- I'd like to withdraw my earlier comment about showing a photo of the fly before the instructions. It's apparent that this is as renowned a pattern as say the Adams and a photo would be unnecessary to all but us complete ignoramuses.
- This is another example of "casting pearls before swine" with you know who being the "swine."

Blissfully ignorant in Athens, YPJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:03 pm 

I wouldn’t expect a bass fisherman from GA to be familiar with the RS-2, but it’s a common fly out west, particularly in Colorado.

I didn’t watch the video, but the hardest part is getting the tail fibers in the right proportion a properly flavored off both sides of the shank.