Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: messed up job interview.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm 

Yesterday I received an email from a prospective employer that I sent a resume to. It requested a phone interview and provided a link to click 9n so I could select a day and time in an automated system. That was easy. The time I selected was for today at 3:00.

I waited by my phone for the call. No call came. By 3:06 I started getting worried so I reread the email that confirmed the appointment and it turned out to contain a small link and a PIN that allows you to enter an online meeting. So I quickly get dialed in and listened to the automated message that said I was dialed in but was the only person in attendance. I waited two more mlnutes before emailing the HR recruiter to let him know that i had been waiting. This was at 3:08. No reply. Makes me wonder if he was there but quit waiting after 4 or 5 minutes and we just missed each other?

I have never seen an online meeting used for a phone interview. They always call me and that was what I was waiting for. Who does that? I never saw the link until I looked closer but maybe it was too late.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:13 pm 

Doesn't sound like anybody I'd want to work for...tech not people oriented.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:32 pm 

Squire,
You beat me to it. Any firm that selects its potential employees via a "log in" to a phone or computer is skating on thin ice...the people they attract as well as those who manage the hiring are going about it all wrong. Too damned impersonal....you didn't miss a thing. Bux