Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DOB (Daft Old Ba$tard)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 am 

Me that is...

I managed to pull a dumb stunt that took three days to complete. I'm having a serious problem with my digital camera. The USB port is loose and needs repair. On Thursday I checked the phone book for a local camera shop and headed downtown. When I got there, I found the camera shop gone and a clothing store in its place. Since I had other shopping to do, I put the camera in the glovebox for safe keeping and promptly forgot where I put it.

Friday I went fishing with the Secretary of the club which I related in my previous post. I wanted to take a photo of him fishing but of course the camera was not in my vest where I usually put it. To my horror, the zip to the pocket was open but I thought I had left the camera at home and didn’t overly fret about it. When I got home, I could not find it anywherein the house. Since my one memory cell was still not working, I thought it must have fallen out at the river. Therefore, on Saturday morning I drove back to the river and hunted around for the camera which of course was not on the bank but in the glovebox where I didn't look. Thoroughly discouraged, I was now planning how to find a new camera and lodge a claim with my insurance.

Today I went fishing with Mary (which proved to be frustrating with many hits, quite a few hooked but only about 5-6 landed). On the way home, we stopped at a rest area and I dug out my lunchbox for the few grapes that were left. I managed to drop the last one next to the seat. I didn't want to leave it there to go mouldy so I opened the glovebox to get a maglight I keep in there. LO! and BEHOLD! the missing camera! Which of course caused the memory cell to fire three days late.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 am 

I did the same thing with an item yesterday morning. I looked high and low all over the house for it to no avail. Later I was in the car and reached into the center console to get a wipe to clean my glasses and there was the item I had nearly torn the house apart looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 am 

I was ready to regale you with a similar experience....and still might do so, if I can remember the details and the item that was misplaced. There is a bright side to such occasions....after you both add more years of "experience", you won't remember anything about the entire incident.... thus it won't nag you. I suspect that Squire Newton and Mr. Langston too will have had such experiences. :? Bux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 am 

The great advantage to losing one's memory is there are days I wake up with a woman I don't recognize...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 pm 

I did the same thing with my.... um... so for lunch I had the tuna sandwich.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 pm 

I did the same thing with a pistol, a Walther PPk. I last remembered putting it in the top drawer of a roll top desk, but it wasn't there. A magazine was, though. Second place was top drawer of my chest of drawers, my most common place. Took two days to find it in a plastic bag in the second place I looked. I was looking for a pistol with brown grips, the plastic bag didn't show that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm 

I git back from GOTC and couldn't find my little Canon camera. It turned up several months later in a box of stuff I'd bought at the GOTC auction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm 

I usually carry my iPhone in my left pocket. One day I could not find it so I called it from my land line. It rang in my right pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm 

I did something similar to Brad. Couldn't find it so I dialed it on my land line. I heard it ringing, I thought on the floor beside my chair. I got down and looked under the chair, and the closer I got to the floor, the louder it rang. Finally, I found it in my right hand pocket. I almost never carry a cell phone now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm 

I pull this stunt so often, I can't even remember the last time.

John