Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: World Series - Tony D
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 am 

I really enjoyed returning to my childhood roots- baseball. It was refreshing for a change.. from the opening anthem to the 7th inning stretch, it was refreshing. I thought the games were terrific , even if I am an old time Pirates fan. Roberto Clemente was my childhood hero. My dad and I attended several game in Forbes field and listened to Bob Prince on the radio for most games. I look forward following baseball again in the spring. To hell with the NFL.
Just wondering Tony what you thought of the series?

Carl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am 

Carl,
Hope all is well with you pal.
I thought the series was very entertaining and well played for the most part. I could never pull for the Dodgers so I was Houston's corner.

As for the NFL I have not watched a game in two years. I will not watch a bunch of thugs running around acting the way they do like a bunch of idiots with their antics and disrespecting our flag. I have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. To hell with them!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 am 

TonyD wrote:
Carl,
I could never pull for the Dodgers so I was Houston's corner.

I've always known you are a good man...but you just proved it again!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:47 pm 

The effect that those uneducated schmucks have had on the many fans whom they have alienated will last for the rest of their ignorant lives. They have lost the respect of so many citizens that were NFL fans for years. Long ago, we saw the slide of these classless thugs and their crude off-field behavior. Their current disrespect for our "Flag" has lowered them even further....I'm appalled that their teammates and the team owners haven't straightened them out....or fired them.
I will refuse to even watch a game on TV and will not return unless the "management" begins to manage.
300 lb. dummies aren't worth any respect...and those in a position to correct their behavior aren't any better.

To Hell with the NFL and their trashy employees. No balls in management at any level..

Bux