Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:04 pm 

OK, Eric and I will bunk at the Granary, if there's room. Sorry to see the arrangements go south, but them's the breaks. Bring earplugs.

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm 

Call or email Ed right away. He's let the Granary go but may be able to get it back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:14 pm 

nielson wrote:
Last Friday I was informed that I'm to attend a wedding the same weekend as GOTC. Having misplaced my testicles, I decided it would be to my benefit to attend the wedding. Making matters worse, I don't even know the couple getting married, the wedding is in Roanoke, just 80 miles south of Meadow Lane Farm and I don't have a thing to wear.

Perpetually mortified, YPJ

Lamest excuse I've ever heard. You could come to Meadow Lane, drive down to the wedding and come back. Wife could use Grayhound.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:24 pm 

Colston Newton wrote:
Call or email Ed right away. He's let the Granary go but may be able to get it back.

Email sent. I've been over at the VA Audiology clinic all day (75-mile drive) and missed the current developments.

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:23 pm 

That Greyhound thing — a non-starter in all kinds of ways. While the LAN is quite the sport, long distance travel via motor coach would be way outside the envelope. YPJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:33 pm 

We may still be alive for that weekend with in Granary. I'm still waiting to hear from the realtor that handles Meadow Lane's property. I'm quite sure she already thinks I'm a bumbling dunce that cannot make up his mind. I suppose that's the personal price I must pay for my membership in this wandering herd to insure that the traditional annual "Gathering of the Clan" continues through the self-inflicted, waist-deep, muck and mire of the indecision.
BTW, this effort already has driven me well into my second, "Eddie Jantzer" martini.

Bux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm 

Just to clear the air:

Gene's gout, while real, is a red herring and would not have kept me from attending on my own had Gene not been able to attend. The reason for our backing out remains that I simply failed to check for a scheduling conflict, a wedding, that I can't avoid. This is my fault completely, I've let you guys down and there's nothing more I can say. Jim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:02 pm 

Meow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Gentlemen,

We've now since gotten all the ducks in a row once more and we have this gathering under control and organized without any additional complaints from the peanut gallery.
The dates are set, the costs are firmed up and the fish are waiting....unfortunately, most of them are waiting for Eric and John while the rest of us will pray for a chance with the rest.
Cheers, finally,
Bux