Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm 

To bad it takes a pro football player's death to get it in the news.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/05/americas ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm 

You know it pains CNN to even mention it.

Sad story, really. And not uncommon.

It's ironic that one of the MSNBC progressives said after the State of the Union, “He gives a speech tonight, in which he makes it sound like the biggest issue in the United States, the biggest threat is MS-13, a gang nobody that doesn't watch Fox News has ever heard of. So he makes it sound like they're the biggest threat.”

MS-13 has actually been a big deal and a well known problem in the US for over a decade. If what she said was true (that only Fox News viewers had ever heard of them), maybe is should be cause for some introspection on her part.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm 

I don't watch Fox news, and I know about MS-13...

Regarding drunk drivers...WI takes the lead here, in an awful way: it is not uncommon to see articles about 5th, 6th, 7th...even 10th convictions.

Makes me crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 pm 

It seems a high percentage of the DWI / DUI fatalities are tied to illegals and then you have the intentional criminal activity on top of that. Although insurance cannot bring back loved ones or restore physical damage these illegals are much less likely to have insurance or any means of fiscal responsibility.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 am 

Forget about death, what about the monetary issues they cause. Ryan had call where an illegal that had been drinking and hit a young mom with 2 kids. No one was hurt, but she had a nice year old car that was totaled.
She was insured, but told Ryan their deductible was really high and her and her husband couldn't afford to pay it, so they lost money on that deal.

So a young working couple got screwed because some illegal hit them. Happens every day and they are costing us normal folks money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 am 

An NFL player gets killed every day? I had no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm 

Making it worse, Colorado allows an insurance policy for people who own multiple vehicles where they can save money by only having the insurance cover the vehicle they are driving at the time. I know this because an illegal teenager hit my wife's car while she was driving one of her uncle's vehicles to pick up her illegal mother from work. His insurance refused to pay for the damage to my wife's car so we ended up paying the large deductible, which was way more than the illegal driver had to pay for her ticket.

Brad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:35 pm 

I was hit on the beltway by a guy I suspect was both high and illegal (is suspect central America based on accent and name). All of his info, except his DL, was bogus. When he figured out I had called the police he fled the scene. The address on his driver's license was a shelter and they would not confirm his presence even to the police.

My car had less than 500 miles on it and it cost me a $500 deductible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 pm 

I wonder how many uninsured non-illegals had accidents the same day. Based on all of your comments, apparently none.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm 

Colston Newton wrote:
I wonder how many uninsured non-illegals had accidents the same day. Based on all of your comments, apparently none.

You sticking up for the illegals? Wassup with that?