Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm 

Yet thousands waited in line overnight (which was illegal) for tickets to Hamilton.
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/life/2 ... 054726001/

I think these folks need to get a life. It's a musical for God's sake.
Some would say that I have no culture in my life and I'd argue with them because I had yogurt for lunch. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 pm 

I've seen people stand in line overnight waiting for Krispy Kremes to open. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 pm 

4SeasonFisher wrote:
I've seen people stand in line overnight waiting for Krispy Kremes to open. :lol:

MMMMM donuts!! Those MIGHT be worth waiting for, but a musical? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 pm 

ColoradoNative wrote:
MMMMM donuts!! Those MIGHT be worth waiting for, but a musical? :lol:

There are MMMMMM donuts and then there are Krispy Kremes, especially if you can be at the store when the HOT light is on. A 10 sec. zap in the microwave is almost as good. In the world of empty calories there is no equal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 pm 

4SeasonFisher wrote:

...or to get into Kohl's on Black Friday to get a really good deal on a Chinese copy of a blender...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:06 pm 

Every so often, I stop at the nearby ('prox 1.5 miles) K-K shop and pick-up two cartons of them right out of the cooker and take them to the Charlotte Police station nearest home. The old story about cops, black coffee and donuts is alive and well...and the cops from the back room yell when they get their first whiff....

If memory serves, they were first made in Bristol, VA/TN. Years ago, two of us were fishing near there so we drove over to the KK shop right on the state line....we had the box empty before we got to the water....got some more on the way home.

Thanks for the reminder, the cops need some what with the chilly weather and the malcontents they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Bux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 pm 

One of the most hilarious trips I was ever on was coming home from a wedding in Columbus, Ga. with Ol' Cuz, his wife, Ol' Cuz's sister and her husband, the preacher and my wife. We stopped a KK and it was having a sale on donut holes. We bought dozens of them and drove north sugar-fueled all the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 pm 

Buxtehude wrote:
Every so often, I stop at the nearby ('prox 1.5 miles) K-K shop and pick-up two cartons of them right out of the cooker and take them to the Charlotte Police station nearest home. The old story about cops, black coffee and donuts is alive and well...and the cops from the back room yell when they get their first whiff....

If memory serves, they were first made in Bristol, VA/TN. Years ago, two of us were fishing near there so we drove over to the KK shop right on the state line....we had the box empty before we got to the water....got some more on the way home.

Thanks for the reminder, the cops need some what with the chilly weather and the malcontents they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Bux

I believe they're a NC creation.... Winston Salem or Kernersville

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:15 am 

The recipe came from New Orleans and they started making them in Winston Salem NC. Google is your friend.

Bux, I do the same with Cookies. We have a local place here that makes the best cookies and my son said they prefer them to donuts.
I stop by a little before my son's shift starts so they can have them in their shift meeting.

The first few times I'd have to stop and wait for him to come get them. Now the guy buzzes me in and I take them back to the meeting room myself. It's nice to walk into a room of young men and women and have them be REALLY happy to see you :lol:

If you're ever in Fort Collins, try these: http://marysmountaincookies.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:09 pm 

Whatever their origin, the local Charlotte Police station welcomed the two boxes of warm KK donuts this morning -- the shop is only a mile from the precinct, so they always arrive warm. They've never asked for my name on these deliveries....but I figure they've scoped out my BUX license plate. LOL

Bux