Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: GOTC 2018
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:04 pm 

Wade,

As the likely most decrepit, oldest and inept fisher here, I would like to make it to the next GOTC.
It is a fine tradition that we have managed to keep going each year...it would be a shame to just abandon the Gathering without a whimper. We have had them in Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina and Virginia...others have had mini-GOTC gatherings in the west.
That said, we need someone to take it upon themselves to head it and handle the realtors and/or proprietors.

We already know about Meadow Lane in Virginia, and Big Butte in North Carolina...it's early enough for other suggestions, and the responsible leadership out there to handle the details.

Come on gang, someone grow a pair and step up to the plate!

Bux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 pm 

I would love to spend time with you folks again, but my GOTC days are over. My neuropathy continues to advance, so I can't fly fish and I can't even walk around after dark safely, even if totally sober. I have lots of happy memories of the ones I did attend and they will have to suffice. Finding this group ranks right up there in my life's many blessings.

Brad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:22 am 

Oldfrat wrote:
I would love to spend time with you folks again, but my GOTC days are over. My neuropathy continues to advance, so I can't fly fish and I can't even walk around after dark safely, even if totally sober. I have lots of happy memories of the ones I did attend and they will have to suffice. Finding this group ranks right up there in my life's many blessings.

Brad

Brad I just want you you to know that I feel lucky to have met you and shared a drink or two and several meals and many happy times. You have provided a wonderful example of how one can handle a very tough health situation. May God Bless you and provide you with happiness and comfort for years to come..
Always your friend,
Carl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 am 

Sounds like you have a quorum of at least 4. Go for it - I'll see what I can do next year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:05 am 

I'll help will help with the preliminaries, but I do not wish to manage the whole show.
Will try to make it if only to see if any of you have improved your skills.
Bux

N.B. Jane is welcome to join us with her books and kale salad...she may bring the Squire if she so chooses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 am 

I will likely be able to attend, but only if the recent snow and ice melts by then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm 

Wade,

I have as much slack-time as most unemployed people. I'll be there if at all possible...I'll even help you set it up, but I do not wish to be the major-domo. Been there, done that....I'll come to fish, dine, reminisce, sip single malt, keep Squire Newton reined in and, out fish him, Mr. Gilmore, Gene Langston and Jim Neilson.
All that said, let's get our heads together and move on it. Come on Tony, join us!
Bux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm 

Damn it! If no one jumps in on this 2018 GOTC I'll get the ball rolling.
Next week, I'll contact the powers that be at Meadow Line and see what week-ends fit for us....ideally, the weekends before or immediately after Mother's Day week-end.
It's in the blood! Folks than cannot get their frigging "ducks in a row" until the last moment are nothing more than diddlers.
You will be advised shortly with the basic details.

For the rest of you... grow a frigging pair! :twisted:

Bux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 pm 

Whether I will be able to help or even show up depends on a medical procedure I'm to soon have. It's correction of an abdominal aorta aneurysm. If I live thru it, let me know what I can do to help.