Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 am 

Jeez, Carl. I was in Virginia in May. In Tennessee, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana in June. In Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee again last month. Headed to Florida and North Carolina next month. North Carolina in October. Texas in November. Kentucky in December. New Mexico in January. The Bahamas in May.

You'll probably get down to your mailbox a couple of times before the end of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:53 pm 

Doug G wrote:
Jeez, Carl. I was in Virginia in May. In Tennessee, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana in June. In Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee again last month. Headed to Florida and North Carolina next month. North Carolina in October. Texas in November. Kentucky in December. New Mexico in January. The Bahamas in May.

You'll probably get down to your mailbox a couple of times before the end of the year.

Wow doug you do a lot of driving. Sure does use up your weekends.
We dont have no mailbox annymore. Somebody came down or road and nocked all the mail bowes down with a ball bat
I was gone an put ananner one up but judy said weed just let at neighbor pick up ar check when he went to town to get hissen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:02 pm 

[
Wow doug you do a lot of driving. Sure does use up your weekends.
We dont have no mailbox annymore. Somebody came down or road and nocked all the mail bowes down with a ball bat
I was gone an put ananner one up but judy said weed just let at neighbor pick up ar check when he went to town to get hissen.[/quote]

A guy I went hunting with in Canada years ago told us a story of growing up in a remote area in Maine.One summer he and his buddies passed the boring nights riding in the back of a pickup and took turns swing at the mailboxes with a Louisville slugger.Being a sparse populated area,they "visited" the same houses over and over.One night he was at bat and they drove up at about 30-40 mph,he swung and connected solid....to a mailbox filled with solid concrete.Fractured everything from his knuckles to his shoulders in both limbs.That was the end of mailbox baseball for them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 pm 

...which story reminds me of why I think T-ball tees should be steel anchored in concrete...The little buggers ill learn to swing even or quit baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:06 am 

Carl: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, plus boats and carriages and feets.