Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My trip to the ER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am 

Today at Publix Supermarket I accepted a sample that contained steak an Proggi. The steak was cheap and tough and I had a hard time chewing it with my seven real teeth. Once I swallowed it, I knew I had a problem...it wouldn't go down. I tried everything, but couldn't break the bolus. So I went to a Doc 'n a Box, which was populated by PAs and gave me water, which of course I couldn't drink without spitting it back up.

The D'nBox took a X-Ray of my chest and told me it showed an anonomely under my left lung, which concerned me, and still stopped up, transferred me to a Real Hospital. With a CD of the lung problem. I was spitting up saliva and gross, but drove myself to the ER.

While in Triage, I felt a sharp pain in my escophagus and the bolus went down. I wasn't immediately aware right then but was in about ten minutes later when I was able to drink water.

But the LUNG thing...I was advised to go back to the room and get it checked out as well as the clearance of the bolus. Luckily, the ER at the real hospital showed no anomaly and I went home happy. Relatively happy, anyway.

Seven hours in hospital. From now on, I'm eating pasta and soup.

t

Post subject: Re: My trip to the ER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:28 am 

Gene,

Scarfing anything down hurriedly without mastication can easily cause clogging in one's upper plumbing. Glad to hear that it all finally worked is way down....that said, that nasty wad of glop is now headed down and around seeking some narrow cranny in your lower system in which to reclog. Stay close to your hopper until this time tomorrow.

Bux

Last edited by Buxtehude on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:52 pm 

NO, NO, Gene...the term mastication has to do with chewing your food before swallowing. Your hands are used only to get the food into your maw and gullet..
Bux

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:53 pm 

Sounds like an ugly day, am glad you are OK, and finding some humor in the situation.