Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am 

Bota bags

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 pm 

Satchel wrote:
We all have that one friend who pours bad booze in a good bottle. Went to a friends house a couple years ago and found a bottle of Woodford Reserve on the counter. He said his neighbor brought it. After adding a little ice to a glass I poured a couple fingers. Well, long story short, I nearly spit it out and asked the million dollar question, "What is this"? Well, seems all they had at home was a Woodford bottle with an inch of bourbon left in it and a half gallon of Beam. I went looking for some Sprite. I think there ought to be a law against such things.

My high school buddies have an annual card game the night before the Super Bowl...I used to bring a bottle of goof Scotch...Cragganmore, most often. I'd also bring a bottle of Famous Grouse for the non-connoisseurs in the group (most of them). They'd routinely wipe out the good stuff and leave the the Grouse virtually untouched. It was costing me $75 in booze to win maybe $50 in quarters...

...About five years ago, I saved an empty Cragganmore bottle, filled it up with Famous Grouse, rinsed the Grouse bottle and poured in the Cragganmore...

they still empty the Cragganmore bottle, and the couple of us who can tell the difference, enjoy a glass or two of "Famous Grouse"...

...and there's nothing wrong with Famous Grouse...it's my "house" scotch.