Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am 

Colston Newton wrote:
I realized years ago that you really have to drive almost always drunk to get caught. If I've driven a mile drunk I've driven 10,000 and I was only stopped once, in 1966 and acquitted that time. I quit doing it about 1988 but lord I never hesitated before that. When I started prosecuting DUIs and saw repeat offenders, I realized they really had to be out there exposed all the time to get caught so often.

Colston, you were probably driving a nice car that all the lights functioned on. You also probably weren't drinking at a bar, most likely at someone's house.
My kid's last DUI was due to a license plate cover obstructing the expiration dates. Didn't help that it was midnight on a weeknight and the guy was leaving a bar.

Most of your reoccurring drunks drink at the bar and drive a POS that any good cop can find something wrong with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am 

Several years back I was selected for the Grand Jury. My county does 2 days a month for 6 months. The thing I remember mostly about driving while stoned or under the influence of drugs was most of the arrested happened in the early morning hours when the driver did something stupid, like run a light or stop sign. Lots of these also included busts for possession to distribute. There is currently about 900K residents in the county so finding an idiot is not hard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm 

Uncle Jesse wrote:
There is currently about 900K residents in the county so finding an idiot is not hard.

It's a sidebar...but I'd go out of my mind if I had to live in a county with 900,000 other people...