Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm 

Ebay offers a very good venue with which to buy and sell rods, reels, tackle and just about anything else. I've found that that website will generally get the best market price for any selected item. I only have one gripe, but it really isn't Ebay alone....the techies on the internet that manage the variety of sites just can't resist continually monkeying around with the details.
I just put a nice 6'6" 3 wt. "Brookie" rod up on the Ebay auction....I've sold a number of rods and reels over the years but it seems that each new listing in a new experience...due to the changes made. I'm a certified Luddite, so take that into consideration....and, it's late, I'm almost 84, and I finally got it done after several hours of %F+#ing p;/= language...I even scared the dog off. I am now going to pour a nightcap and offer myself congratulations ...

Bux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm 

Now that you have it figured out, want to sell a rebuilt 1967 Corvette 327 engine for a cut of the sales price? The car buyer didn't want the matching numbers engine so it is just sitting in my garage.

Brad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 pm 

A '67 327?...Buyer didn't want it?

That's just nuckin futs...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:39 am 

FN,

Not only that......it was the numbers matching engine for a 67 'Vette with all other numbers matching.
That boggles my mind.

Brad,

I'm sorry that your 67 Corvette didn't turn out the way that you wanted. I know you wanted it to not only be a good investment, but you wanted it because of other 67's that you had in your past. Beautiful car.

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:24 am 

A rebuilt matching numbers 1967 Corvette engine with zero miles on it! In retrospect, I guess I should not have paid for the rebuild. I thought it would help to sell it as an investment for the next buyer. Instead, the new owner apparently wanted the new, higher horsepower, engine I had installed in the car and did not want to pay for shipping the matching numbers engine to CA.

Ah well, I've accepted my loss and moved on with my life. I will not buy any more classic cars as investments.

Brad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 am 

Brad, Gas Monkey Garage is just down the road from you, they sell stuff on the internet so they must buy it somewhere. They may have a project they are working on in need of a power plant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 pm 

Brad, Susan's cousin restores cars and build hot rods (he and his wife love the 50s). I'll check with him and see if he has a need. How much? He's in Fort Worth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 pm 

Whatever he considers a fair offer, Doug. Comes complete with stand. I just want to get it out of my garage without doing too much work. I'm about 9 miles south of denton and just off 35W, so probably quite close to him. Thanks!

Brad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:48 pm 

I sent you a PM. You need to have a price. I sent his number so you can call him.