Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:19 pm 

http://forums.flyfisherman.com/showthre ... ton-Newton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm 

MikeA...I wonder who that is? Tell him "hi" for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm 

Despite George K's pathetic denials on the link posted, I was banned for life...not only on the FF board, but on all the boards owned by whoever owned them. Including Guns & Ammo, but a petition got me restored to there. When new ownership took over, all was forgiven...by them. Not by me. I still remember when Paul whatever his name was posted that my wife was better off dead than married to me. Dieter? I don't remember what got me banned and don't care. The link posted seems dismissive of this board, which is fine with me and shows a certain arrogance toward people with a less-than-left POV.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:26 pm 

This board started 10+ years ago, I don't think George K. was a moderator and it was long before the place crashed in 2010 and later restored. I don't think P.Dieter was ever a mod. Frankly I don't know who put the hammer down on you guys. I was never banned from there; I left when the place crashed and didn't reapply for an account. But about a year ago I tried getting an account there again using my old name and a new name, but nobody ever responded. I don't think anyone is minding the front door.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 pm 

Dieter wasn't a moderator then but he is now...a "Super Moderator." To hell with him and George K. and Wetdog and James Pio (less).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm 

Gene,

Good news - you represent the best and brightest here.

I read the post. The revisionist history is amazing, but playing loose with the facts isn't a surprise.

One statement I can refute with absolute veracity is the following:

"They didn't get run off. They left to start a different board where they could ban anyone who disagreed with their views on life and politics."

Factually, several were shown the door (I was not one of them) and others just left. After some time, I felt it was a shame that the virtual friendships that had been formed would be lost, so I decided to create something. I first created a forum on the Delphi website. It wasn't great, but several folks showed up. Given the interest, I felt it was worth the investment to stand this place up.

Since I was the one who started this place and I alone know my motivation, I believe we may call the statement 100% refuted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:02 am 

Somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind I recall being banned for congratulating Ted Kennedy for 8 years of sobriety on the 8th anniversary off the scumball’s death. I still don’t regret it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 am 

Charlie S wrote:
Somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind I recall being banned for congratulating Ted Kennedy for 8 years of sobriety on the 8th anniversary off the scumball’s death. I still don’t regret it.

That was somewhat "Trump-esque" of you Charlie. No wonder you were banned.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:16 am 

I'm sorry I clicked on the link (but not mad at you, Colorado)... What a bunch of wankers ... I knew you guys online first and still decided you'd be good to fish with. I pretty sure I wouldn't pull any of them out of a freezing river...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 am 

Since they're talking about it, I was never banned for anything I posted. I was banned, without notice, when I posted a want ad on this site to see if it was working. The ad was for a used and slightly abused website. I fairly sure Wetdog did it. Boy, he turned out to be a mendacious so and so.