Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Take care!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 pm 

Buxtehude wrote:
Prayin' all day and eatin' on the ground....as soon as the weather warms up in Georgia. It's a solid tradition that doesn't tolerate below 60 degrees....no matter how they spin it. You can bet Mr. Gilmore is so bundled up in layers of clothing that he'll need help to get up should he topple over.
18 here in Charlotte and it's getting tiresome.

Bux

Let's see: on Friday, when the high was 30, I was outside all morning. I meant to cut wood on Saturday, but didnt: no one wanted to help stack wood after I dropped the tree. Sunday was nippy, but not bad. The dog didn't hesitate coming back inside after put walk around the neighborhood. I wore a fleece jacket, a scarf, and a wool flatcap. Nothing heavy.

It's warmer now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm 

Saturday it was 2 at about 7pm. Started a fire outside by my daughter's house sipping scotch with her yellow lab at my side. A bit nippy but not to bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 am 

Last evening at 4:30 it was 58 degrees here. This morning when I stepped outside at 4:30 it was 35. Supposed to frop all day into the 20's and stay there for a day or two before continuing down into the teens. It's been drizzling all night and gonna turn to freezing rain and ice before making it all the way to snow, with 1-3 inches expected by tomorrow morning. At least the ice will tighten back up after this warm snap.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 pm 

ColoradoNative wrote:
Anybody else notice that Further North's posts are MUCH longer in the winter, especially when it super cold out?
He's got a lot more time in front of the keyboard :lol:

A-Yup.

I gots stuff to do when the weather is decent...and by "decent", I mean +15° or so...A year ago, weather was decent and I was chasin' trouts...

High today was -1°. Ice shelves out to whoknowswhere on the trout creeks...lakes...frozen...big rivers...walleye fishin' only...I'll off myself before I do that...

So...interwebz...here I be...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 pm 

Another ice fishing trip today. Just two of us went. 17 degrees when we got out of the truck, 12 when we got back. Another dozen and a half Bluegill for a Spring fish fry. We still need another 75-100 fish. That will be no problem if the ice holds. We had 3 days above freezing including 24 hours over 50 degrees this past week. Lost 5-6 inches of ice. Still had a good 5 inches and it was making ice all afternoon. Lots of popping and cracking going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 am 

Ice is for bourbon and gin. But good on ya for going out. It was as warm as 35 yesterday. The dog, my wife, and I stayed inside except for the occasional doggie bathroom run.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm 

Our weather this year has been more up and down that I can remember in my life.
Yesterday was high 50's and we took the Harley for a warm up ride.
Today I'm looking at 4" of snow and it's still coming down hard. Weather folks predicted less than an inch.

I wish mother nature would pick one or the other.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm 

We had spring last Thursday and Friday. Temps reached the lower 70s. Then, it skipped summer and dumped us right back into 20 degree weather.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 pm 

It's all relative...it was cold enough here Saturday night that we got to to the throw-boiling-water-up-in-the-air-and-it-freezes-before-it-hits-the-ground thing.

You learn to make the things you can do fun...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 am 

San Antonio actually under a winter storm warning. Supposed to fly to Memphis tomorrow. One flight got already cancelled, but later flights still on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next