Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:40 pm 

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this condition since before Halloween. After an echo and stress test, we find out he "forgot" to order a monitor. That sets us back another week, plus another day off from work and still no closer to a diagnosis. Now I have an angiography planned for tomorrow, but the doctor didn't order the beta blocker and I couldn't raise him on the after hours on-call system.

I'm not sure what to do next, but getting another heart group will be the first order of business. They better hope I get to them before the Mrs. does...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 pm 

Sounds like - at this point - you better be glad they haven’t found anything yet. Lord knows what he would have “forgotten” in the OR had that been necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 am 

Fire him. And send him and his boss a letter explaining how his negligence (use that word) and careless disregard for your heart health has put you in unnecessary risk (use those phrases).

You can also file a complaint with the medical board in FL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am 

TN_hillbilly wrote:
Sounds like - at this point - you better be glad they haven’t found anything yet. Lord knows what he would have “forgotten” in the OR had that been necessary.

Keith,

I heard your voice as I read this, as if you were saying to me. Hilarious and an excellent point at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am 

Doug G wrote:
Fire him. And send him and his boss a letter explaining how his negligence (use that word) and careless disregard for your heart health has put you in unnecessary risk (use those phrases).

You can also file a complaint with the medical board in FL.

I think Doug has given you some excellent advice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am 

OK, you know the doctor was a slacker that didn't do his job, but let the review board deal with it...in their professional lingo. Go with Mr. Gilmore's suggestions and be specific. Medical folks understand such words as inept, unprofessional, careless, etc.... No name calling, just stick with the laxity of basic professional medical care that should have been provided.

Bux