Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am 

Further North wrote:
Doug G wrote:
Jaguars are Indian now. Just like Budweiser is no longer an Amercan beer. Budweiser is Belgian.

So is MillerCoors. Owned by the same company.

MillerCoors is owned by Molson Coors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 pm 

Don't knock Belgian beers. They have been making very good beer for centuries and the are still doing it.

I recently bought a few cases of Belgian beer at Costco....3 different brands in each case...all of them are very good to excellent. They were bottled in 11.2 ounce size...perfect for lunch or dinner.
Stella Artois...Leffe...Hoegaarden. I had stocked them up at the Mountain House...great with lunch or at the end of day. They aren't so heavy you have to chew them like some of the German and Austrian beers.

Of them all, I preferred the Leffe.

Bux

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am 

InBev is also partially Brazillian - the CEO is from Brazil - it was a Belgian and a Brazillian company that merged to form InBev, although i think their headquarters are in Belgium - after the AB acquisition i think they call themselves AB InBev now......either way AB products pretty much suck......in fact a lot of the InBev brands are pretty lousy

i was sad to see Miller get bout out, i still drink a High Life or 3 now and again

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am 

My current favorite is Angry SOB brewed by the Montross Brewing Co in Montross Va, about 30 miles away. It's not in stores yet, so the rest of the time, it's Yuengling for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:25 am 

I know the beer snobs here don't want to hear about light beers, but I'm gonna tell ya'll anyway. I've drank Bud Light for many years. I enjoy other beers, even some of the snob beers that have become so popular these days. A favorite of them is Bell's Two Hearted Ale. But there are some situations which require a light beer in my drinking habits. I recently bought a case of Kirkland Light beer from Costco on the word of a friend that it was pretty good stuff. I think I like it about as well as I like Yuengling Light. A bit more taste than Bud Light. On a recent trip to Costco I found it and was pleased to see the price of 21.99 for the case. That may not sound like much of a deal but you have to realize that Costco's "case" is 48 beers. It's a deal for sure. It's brewed by Regal Brau brewery in Wisconsin. FN, you know anything about this outfit?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:14 pm 

Satchel wrote:
I know the beer snobs here don't want to hear about light beers, but I'm gonna tell ya'll anyway. I've drank Bud Light for many years. I enjoy other beers, even some of the snob beers that have become so popular these days. A favorite of them is Bell's Two Hearted Ale. But there are some situations which require a light beer in my drinking habits. I recently bought a case of Kirkland Light beer from Costco on the word of a friend that it was pretty good stuff. I think I like it about as well as I like Yuengling Light. A bit more taste than Bud Light. On a recent trip to Costco I found it and was pleased to see the price of 21.99 for the case. That may not sound like much of a deal but you have to realize that Costco's "case" is 48 beers. It's a deal for sure. It's brewed by Regal Brau brewery in Wisconsin. FN, you know anything about this outfit?

Satchel, I don't. They look to be down in Monroe, WI, a long haul from here.

My take on beer: Folks should drink what they like and tell anyone who suggests they do otherwise to pound soft buter up a wildcat's ***. ;)

I prefer my beer with strong flavors and relatively high ABV...had a Dogfish Head 120 IPA tonight, and one of their World Wide Stouts as well...but that's what I like.

I figure the fewer folks that want those...the less they'll cost...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm 

I remember many years ago a friend asking if I would like a beer. I said sure. He then said "I have a theory, there are beer drinkers and people who fool around with beer. A beer drinker will drink damn near anything." He then handed me a Schafers, which wasn't bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:06 pm 

I'll date myself even further: I once danced with the then current "Miss Reingold"* at the Gypsy Trail Country Club, Carmel, NY. The selection of Miss Reingold was a big NY news deal back then...I don't even know that they still make the stuff - the brewery was smack in the middle of "The City" and it had a large customer base back then.
Ahhhh, those days of yore as a college kid.

Bux
* As I recall, she was a knockout", a tall and leggy blonde, and she smelled nice and danced better than I did.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm 

Further North wrote:

I figure the fewer folks that want those...the less they'll cost...

Or they will go out of business...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:07 pm 

Bux, turn on your speakers and close your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_51RANXHg0

Brad