Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 pm 

My daughter's friend was walking Lucy in Norfolk, when a pit bull broke off it's leash and attacked her. She's luck the injuries were bite/puncture wounds, but she got several staples, antibiotics, and the cone of shame. The pit bull is lucky I wasn't there or it would be dealing with several broken ribs right now, because I would have kicked it until I broke my foot.

Never mess with a man's dog.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:28 pm 

Oh come on Doc, pit bulls are so lovable and wouldn't hurt a fly, just ask the owner of that dog, they'll tell you how nice it is. <dripping with sarcasm>

Hope they stepped up and were responsible for their dog's actions.
If you have the owner's name, get them ticketed for harboring a dangerous animal. Not sure about there, but here it's a 2 strikes and your out sort of thing.

I think all aggressive dogs should be shot on site, period.
Just hope it doesn't mess with your dog's mind and she is ok.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 pm 

Greg,
Sorry to hear of this. Hoping your boxer comes out of it ok.
Damn pit bulls are no good bud.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 pm 

One of the scariest things I've ever seen was one day when I walked out of our elementary school and saw a pit bull loitering around its doors. I went back in and alerted the staff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 pm 

ColoradoNative wrote:
Oh come on Doc, pit bulls are so lovable and wouldn't hurt a fly, just ask the owner of that dog, they'll tell you how nice it is. <dripping with sarcasm>

Hope they stepped up and were responsible for their dog's actions.
If you have the owner's name, get them ticketed for harboring a dangerous animal. Not sure about there, but here it's a 2 strikes and your out sort of thing.

I think all aggressive dogs should be shot on site, period.
Just hope it doesn't mess with your dog's mind and she is ok.

The biggest challenge is that I wasn't there. My understanding is that the owner admitted that this isn't the first time the dog has done this. My wife talked to the animal control office and they basically said there's nothing they can do after the fact. I think my wife's main motivation was getting the girl to pay the vet bill. I wanted it documented that this dog committed an unprovoked attack.

My wife and daughter both reported that she is clearly not herself, but at this point it could be the painkillers and the stupid cone. We will see. I'm in San Antonio, so I won't be able to get my eyes on the situation until this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm 

She will bounce back to herself in due time Greg. Pain killers are making her a little loopy and out of sorts. Try and go after the ba$tard owner. That dog should be put down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:44 pm 

Sue him, Doc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm 

Yet another reason to walk your dog with your sidearm at the ready. Best thing for all involved would have been a .45 round through the top of the pit bulls head. I hate that breed and nobody is gonna convince me different. If I ever see one in my yard that somebuck is gonna die pronto!!! luckily nobody near me is stupid enough to have one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 pm 

You can sue the owner for damages. I have seen this before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 pm 

The owner is a broke college student. Suing people with no money is an expensive "moral" victory.