Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oh, Lawd!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 pm 

Roy Moore been caught messin' with young stuff!

Post subject: Re: Oh, Lawd!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 am 

No. He's been accused. Will have to wait to see why the accusers waited 30 years yo say anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm 

We'll never have evidence; it's going to be he said, she said. Fourteen year old girls who are sexually assaulted frequently never report it to higher authorities, and supposedly this is alleged to have happened 30-something years ago before the current atmosphere.

I don't know and will never know what's in the guy's mind or what happened back then. He's a nut, I know that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:07 pm 

This stuff is getting ridiculous. Stuff that happened years ago and was never reported is questionable at best.
Every decent, honorable man I know has been flirted with by peers, younger women or girls. Almost all of them have laughed it off or maybe considered it a questionable plus...Nonetheless, they gracefully dodged the pass. Be it higher standards or wise caution, they smiled and backed away. No one hath more fury than a women scorned...an ignored woman is a "she-fury" waiting to happen.
Sensibly, here should be a statute of limitations on this nonsense. Fire away if you wish.

Bux

My wife just read this and she strongly disagrees. Left saying something about my high Neanderthal rating on the 23andMe gene evaluation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm 

There is a statue of limitations. I don't know the truth of the matter, only two people do: the supposed victim and the supposed perp. I've known of women who were so confused and frightened or somehow felt they were to blame that they never officially reported an offense. OTOH, I've known women who lied about such things.

Without doubt, it's a mess of worms opened up by Harvey Weinstien affair. So far, the accusations seem to be merited. I think this one will play out, eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am 

I guess 'draining the swamp' will eventually expose those who have sordid pasts.