Gathering of the Clan
http://flyanglers.org/forum/

Trip to Greece and Turkey
http://flyanglers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=117
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Dr. Trout Bum [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Trip to Greece and Turkey

Arrived back in VA night before last after a great trip to Greece and Turkey. We went on a tour of biblical sites and it was pretty amazing. Part of the trip was a 3 night Mediterranean cruise, which included an evening in Santorini.

Image

Author:  4SeasonFisher [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

I would like to do that but would like to include a visit to Israel.

Author:  Colston Newton [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Santorini is wonderful except when it blows. That's a great photo.

Author:  TonyD [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Greg,
That’s a beautiful pic bud.
Glad to hear you had a great time.

Author:  Buxtehude [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Tony,
A great trip that you will remember forever. Donna and I did the Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Santorini, Turkey, Greece swing some years ago and found it more than interesting...so much ancient history (and strife) from such a small slice of the "Old World." The perspective of how few years the USA has existed in the overall history of this world....it's like we got here yesterday afternoon.

Bux

Author:  Fly Fisherman [ Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Buxtehude wrote:
Tony,
A great trip that you will remember forever. Donna and I did the Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Santorini, Turkey, Greece swing some years ago and found it more than interesting...so much ancient history (and strife) from such a small slice of the "Old World." The perspective of how few years the USA has existed in the overall history of this world....it's like we got here yesterday afternoon.

Bux

After reading this I realize that I am out of the league of most everyone on this board. I hope I haven't smelled things up too bad.

Author:  Dr. Trout Bum [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

TonyD wrote:
Greg,
That’s a beautiful pic bud.
Glad to hear you had a great time.


Thank you, Tony. Good to hear from you!

Author:  Dr. Trout Bum [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Fly Fisherman wrote:
After reading this I realize that I am out of the league of most everyone on this board. I hope I haven't smelled things up too bad.


You are our brother...there is no league here.

Author:  Dr. Trout Bum [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

One last Santorini shot. The bay is actually the largest caldera in the world. After the most recent eruption, the cone collapsed and the sea rushed in, forming the bay you see in the image.

Image

Author:  Buxtehude [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trip to Greece and Turkey

Fly Fisherman,

Never think that! Some here have traveled all over, sent by Uncle Sam, or maybe always had a wanderlust to see what was over the next mountain or the other side of the ocean. Much of such trips are predictable, often boring, but spiced with the fortunate unexpected highlights that make them memorable - no telling which experience will stick with you... until it does.
The day after I dutifully saw the Pyramids and the Sphinx, I was wandering around in Cairo alone... the two things I remember best were the Egyptian schoolboys running up to me to try out their English on an American. The other thing was wandering through an old souk, alone. The women were all covered except for their eyes. A young woman with beautiful blue eyes you could get lost in was looking right at me...I smiled and winked at her and she lit up my world ...with only her smiling, azure blue eyes.

Ignore the evening's bad news. We Americans are special, all over the world.

Bux

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/