Gathering of the Clan

A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 am 

YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=setting+the+brewing+temperature+on+a+keurig+2.0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm 

Life was so simple "back then." I moved out of the big house and went to stay in the " farm cottage" with Grandma and grandpa when that beloved man began to slowly drift away from us.
They had a well broken-in aluminum drip coffee pot of early 1900s vintage - you put the coffee (Maxwell House) in the strainer middle section and poured the boiling water into the top part, where water simply dripped, via gravity, through the coffee and into the bottom, serving part. The coffee always came out the same - Grandpa wanted it made so a "spoon could stand up in his cup" -- anything weaker was dubbed "Ladies Aid Coffee."
Taking part in looking after a loved one was a deeply felt service....I learned how to serve early on in life and those lessons are now more valued than anything I learned in school, college or business.
Just saying, I was a lucky kid.
Bux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:11 pm 

You were...but the aluminum explains a couple things... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 am 

We just received a carton with about 48 containers of deep/hearty coffees. I intend to keep track of which ones turn out to be favorites. All "dark" or "husky" type. If I find some real standouts I may list them on the board as a possible source for comfort/wake-up considerations to check out.
Bux