A Gathering of Fly Fishermen
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Next chance
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:08 am 

Have fun out west!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 pm 

Three days ago had a 25+ fish day. Today, two half hearted hits. One can never count on great fishing thus fly fishers learn to cherish those remarkable experiences and chalk up those like today to casting practice.

While fishing I got a bit introspective and decided that growing older is a process that increases our ability to at least marginally accept the normal pains that go with it. I never thought that I would ever use anything made from marijuana but the use of CBD oil has tremendously lessened the pain in my back and also is helping the arthritic pain in my hands allowing me to cast with a lot less discomfort. I’m taking very small doses when I need it for, or am anticipating, pain.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 pm 

I have lower back pain. How do you inhale that stuff to get it the affected area?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 am 

It is a thin oily liquid. At the advice of a doctor to prevent the liver from removing over 50% of it from your system I mix it on a spoon with honey. The honey also improves the taste. The oil I have contains a slight amount of THC but has no hallucinating effect. Three weeks ago my back, after splitting and stacking aspen wood from trees I had cut down, I could barely walk or do anything, including sleeping from the pain. Within two days of using .2 mil of the oil, morning and evening, the pain had diminished to the point I could completely resume normal activities. I will not be splitting and stacking more wood....that’s why God Made older teenage boys who need date money.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 am 

My understanding is that CBD oil is not made from marijuana, but rather its non-THC producing cousin, Hemp (hemp does produce some THC, but it's a minuscule concentration)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:26 am 

CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:38 pm 

The farms near me are getting on the hemp wagon.The girl across the road was one of the first in NY to plant hemp.Last year she planted/harvested about 25 acres.Cleared 8 million.This year she's doing another 25 acres.The town owns a 100 acre farm space they lease out parcels.This spring they planted 50 acres of hemp.Its a big,still growing business,no pun intended.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:00 pm 

“Industrial” hemp - the source of CBD oil - is essentially marijuana that doesn’t produce THC . . . they’re both “cannabis”, but they’re not the same plant.

I ran into a guy at home earlier this year who told me about another fellow who was going to grow some. He said the grower had expressed concerns because if the industrial hemp crosses with marijuana, apparently there is some THC that will be produced. When one goes to sell it, it sounds like they check for THC and - if any is found - they won’t buy the product. Supposedly there is a chance of cross-pollination if there is any marijuana growing within 5 miles of the hemp (or so the grower said). When the guy relaying the story told me that, I just started laughing. I said “Where is anybody going to grow hemp anywhere in this county and it be more than 5 miles from marijuana? The guy stopped, looked at me, and said “That’s a real good question. I don’t think it can be done.” I said “Exactly.” It remains to be seen how this situation turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:10 am 

Charlie S wrote:
It is a thin oily liquid. At the advice of a doctor to prevent the liver from removing over 50% of it from your system I mix it on a spoon with honey. The honey also improves the taste. The oil I have contains a slight amount of THC but has no hallucinating effect. Three weeks ago my back, after splitting and stacking aspen wood from trees I had cut down, I could barely walk or do anything, including sleeping from the pain. Within two days of using .2 mil of the oil, morning and evening, the pain had diminished to the point I could completely resume normal activities. I will not be splitting and stacking more wood....that’s why God Made older teenage boys who need date money.

Unfortunately, teenage boys don't date anymore....they just text. You may need to dangle an X-box, or something like that, in front of a teenage boy to get your wood split, but even that might not work.